Date : 29th December 2020
The above centre has been setup by Arid Communities and Technologies, with support from Tata Power, WIN Foundation and other stakeholders, with the vision to establish a Centre of Excellence for PGWM Training centre through multi stakeholders approach among academic institutions, CSR Foundations and NGOs for authentications and value addition to capacity building process. The centre will provide training to a range of stakeholders including community groups, grass root level workers, upto decision makers.
WIN Foundation was one of the partners for virtual Inaugural function of K-MARC Center for Excellence for Participatory Groundwater Management, an initiative by Arid Communities and Communities, on 29th December’20 at 10.00 AM
The function was jointly organized by Arid Communities and Technologies, Geo Science Services , KSKV Kachchh University, Coastal Gujarat Power Ltd, WIN Foundation, PARAB and Arghyam.
In addition to inauguration of the Centre, an Interactive website on Kankavati Aquifer Management (kmarc.live) was also launched in this inaugural function.
The keynote speakers of the function were:
- Dr. Dhimant Vyas, Additional Secretary, Water Resource Department (WRD) – Chief Guest
- Dr. Jayrajsinh Jadeja, Vice Chancellor, KSKV Kachchh University
- Mr. Pradeep Ghosal, Head Environment, CR and Sustainability – CGPL
- Mr. Ron Mehta, US Director & Mr.Paresh Vora, Head-India Operations, WIN Foundation
- Ms. Madhvi Purohit – Senior Manager – Programmes – Arghyam.
The Centre was inaugurated by the Chief Guest – Dr. Dhimant Vyas, Additional Secretary, Water Resource Department (WRD)
For more details, please visit www.kmarc.live
Annexure 1: Detailed Vision and Mission