WIN Foundation and the Kiran C Patel Centre for Sustainable Development (KPCSD), Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar together organized a Roundtable session on Innovations to Drive Social Change on 10.Jan.2020 from 9.30. am to 5 pm at the Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
The Objective was to bring together WIN and KPCSD partners and other organisations/experts in (i) Water and Sanitation (WATSAN) and (ii) Maternal and Child Health (MCH), for a roundtable discussion on:
- projects / products and other initiatives with common objective to drive community change
- major challenges in WASH & MCH towards SDG 6, 2 & 3
- implementation, sustainability and scalability of the projects after the completion of the project period
- how to take research projects to market/implementation level i.e. through a startup or technology transfer to industry
- how to introduce products and solutions by startups to social impact target markets / communities
- creating supportive ecosystem and partnerships among diverse stakeholdersfor above
More than 70 Participants from diverse stakeholders including NGOs, Institutions, Foundations, Independent professionals, Innovation Ecosystem players and Start-ups, actively participated in the roundtable, shared their perspectives and initiatives, exchanged ideas and collaboration opportunities, and offered their support in initiatives to drive and bring social change in our focused domains; (i) Water and Sanitation and (ii) Maternal Child health.
In particular, many of the participants also offered to support innovative startups for product validation of their products among communities where they work, to provide qualified feedback.
WIN Foundation and KPCSD look forward to continue to further the above dialogue and also look for collaborative action to bring sustainable and scalable social impact.